W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > November 2003

Agenda, 20 November 2003 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 05:50:25 -0800
Message-ID: <DF1BAFBC28DF694A823C9A8400E71EA201D0445C@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Nov/0017.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Chair: TBD as of this writing.  If you don't hear from me, you
    might have to conscript a chair-pro-temp on the fly!  (I will
    credit the chair as if he had taken minutes! :-)
  - Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is:
      Sandeep Kumar, (fallbacks: Erik Ackerman, Igor Sedukhin, 
      Steve Lind, Adi Sakala, Allen Brookes, Glen Daniels,
      Jerry Thrasher, David Booth, Amy Lewis)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - Nov 13th  telcon [.1].
  - Nov 3-5 FTF [.2, .3, .4] and Summary [.5]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Nov/0135.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Nov/0059.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Nov/0060.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Nov/0061.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Nov/0062.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
?         2003-07-31: Philippe to make a proposal for fixing the 
                      HTTP binding.
?         2003-09-11: Philippe to write a response to Mark Baker
                      proposing a property solution to HTTP verbs 
                      and ask whether this satisfies his request.
?         2003-09-18: Marsh to review the QA operational
                      guidelines.
?         2003-10-09: Bijan to look into message extensibility 
                      Issues (Appendix E, Jacek's review) wrt RDF data, 
                      and discuss with Jacek.
DONE [.2] 2003-10-16: Amy to provide a use-case for cyclical includes. 
?         2003-10-23: Part2_Editors to clarify wording in 
                      fault-replaces-message rule that a fault is 
                      GENERATED but not necessarily SENT. 
?         2003-11-03: Pauld to work out proposal for a top-level fault 
                      in more detail.
?         2003-11-03: JeffM to propose text to the effect that messages 
                      must conform to their schemas.
?         2003-11-03: Umit (with help of Glen) will write up a proposal 
                      for normative dispatching feature.
?         2003-11-04: Glen to write up rationale for removing headers 
                      (and?) proposal for a generic header-adding
                      property/feature.
?         2003-11-04: Jacekk to make proposal on combining the get/set 
                      style URIs into one.
?         2003-11-13: Tibco\Amy to draft sample scenarios for MEPs.
?         2003-11-13: Jeffsch to start thread re: whether the messageRef

                      AII is optional.
PENDING   2003-11-13: Jonathan to identify the issues and invite Mark 
                      Baker to participate in a teleconference.
?         2003-11-13: David to add discussion / example(s) re:
                      @schemaLocation for embedded schemas to the
primer.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Nov/0131.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. Holiday telcon schedule:
     No telcons: Nov 27, Dec 25, Jan 1
  b. Upcoming FTFs
     - January 26-30, Bedford, MA (Sonic)
       WSArch 26-28(noon)
       WSDesc 28(noon)-30
     - March 1-2 or 4-5, Cannes-Mandelieu, France.

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Task Force Status.
 a. Properties and Features (dormant)
 b. Patterns (dormant)
 c. Attributes (dormant)
 d. QA & Testing
  - Response to comments on QA Spec Guidelines [.2]
  - Implement QA Operational guidelines? [.3]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0023.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0074.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Sep/0023.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  New Issues.  Merged issues list [.1].
  - Editorial issues (Yuxiao Zhao) [.2]
  - Marking WSDL operations as "safe" (DaveO/TAG) [.3]
  - Circular Includes (Amy) [.4]

[.1] http://tinyurl.com/mwuy
     (Note that [.1] redirects to
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.html)
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Nov/0141.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Nov/0104.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Nov/0131.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Schemas in imported WSDL [.1]
    - Seems to be agreement on the existing behavior as described by
    Gudge and Amy.  Still outstanding: do we add note along the lines
    of Glen's suggestion: put text in the spec to the effect that WSDL
    processors SHOULD make schema namespaces embedded in the <types> 
    sections of imported WSDLs available to their schema processors for
    xs:import where possible.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Nov/0109.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  TAG feedback on WSDL component designators
  - TAG finding [.1]
  - RFC2396bis on fragment identifiers [.2]
  - Jonathan's proposal [.3]
  - Outstanding question: should we recommend that authors place the
WSDL
    at the target namespace?  Turns out the TAG is unlikely to ever 
    recommend XHTML/RDDL as a preferred format, based on discussions
with
    TAG members at the FTF.  Jonathan recommends accepting 4 and moving
on.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/abstractComponentRefs-20031030
[.2] http://gbiv.com/protocols/uri/rev-2002/rfc2396bis.html#fragment
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Nov/0090.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  HTTP binding options [.1]
    - option 1: drop HTTP binding
    - option 2: input becomes POST body and output is POST response
    - option 3: option 2 + GET goes to http:address URL and output is 
                GET response
    - option 4: option 3 + rules to move all parameters into query 
                parameters for GET binding with MEP=in-out and
@style=rpc
    - option 5: option 4 + URL replacement (not just query params)
    Continue thread from last week.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Nov/0048.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Should binding/operation/infault|outfault@messageReference be 
    optional? (Kevin) [.1]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Nov/0079.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Ambiguous interface semantics (Mark Baker) [.1]
  - Primer example and ambiguity issue [.2]
  - Awaiting Jonathan's AI to invite Mark Baker.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Oct/0150.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Nov/0147.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Appendix E cleanup [.1]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0136.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue 64 [.1] Operations an HTTP verbs (Mark Baker) [.2, .3, .4]
  - Jacek's synthesis [.5].
  - Awaiting description from Philippe showing how properties or
    extensions can be used to annotate the WSDL with RESTful 
    properties.  Ask Mark for a definitive list of those properties 
    so we can consider how to associate them with property URIs or 
    namespaces.

[.1] http://tinyurl.com/mwuy#x64
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0094.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0103.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0111.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0095.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Using RDF in WSDL [.1].
    Dependent upon RDF mapping first draft.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0076.html
Received on Wednesday, 19 November 2003 08:50:14 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:27 GMT