Primer example & ambiguity issue

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 15:25:06 -0500
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org

Hi,

I've been working on an example to help better explain the "ambiguous
interface semantics" issue.  In doing so, I stumbled upon some example
messages in the primer that might help explain it.  But I wanted to
first request some clarification.

The example messages are in section 5.1.2.

This is example 5-4; "rpc style and the soap message"

<?xml version='1.0' ?>
<env:Envelope xmlns:env="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope">
 <env:Body>
 	<reserveRoom>
		<customerName>Kevin Liu</customerName>
		<checkInDate>2002-09-01</checkInDate>
		<checkOutDate>2002-09-10</checkOutDate>
		<roomType>double</roomType>
		<comments>the customer will be arriving late in the evening</comments>
	</reserveRoom>
 </env:Body>
</env:Envelope>

And this is example 5-5; "doc style and the soap message"

<?xml version='1.0' ?>
<env:Envelope xmlns:env="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope">
 <env:Body>
	<customerName>Kevin Liu</customerName>
	<checkInDate>2002-09-01</checkInDate>
	<checkOutDate>2002-09-10</checkOutDate>
	<roomType>double</roomType>
	<comments>the customer will be arriving late in the evening</comments>
 </env:Body>
</env:Envelope>

In the former message, the operation being invoked appears to be
"reserveRoom".  i.e. the success or failure of the invocation refers to
that symbol in the message (per the SOAP 1.2 RPC rules).

But in the latter message, there's no operation visible.  What then,
would success or failure refer to, and where would that symbol be
located?  Or is it implicit in a spec someplace?  If so, where?

Also, where's the "document style" style?  WSDL 2.0 only defines RPC,
and get/set.

TIA.

Mark.