Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 11:47:12 -0500
From: Anli Shundi <ashundi@tibco.com>
To: "Amelia A. Lewis" <alewis@tibco.com>
Subject: RE: Circular includes

hm, I don't know what the original thinking was back then...

[i.e., the rationale of the W3C XML Schema WG --aal]

There are actual schemas that take advantage of this though.
UCC-net --and maybe OAGIS-- are examples.

One benefit I can think of is making each schema a valid
entry point.  Example:

A includes B
A includes C

if B uses components defined in A (or C) it cannot be assessed
error-free as an entry point.  Adding:

B includes A

makes B a valid entry point.

Architect, TIBCO/Extensibility, Inc.