From: Jeffrey Schlimmer [mailto:jeffsch@windows.microsoft.com]
Sent: Tuesday, Nov 11, 2003 05:13 PM
To: Liu, Kevin; www-ws-desc@w3.org
Subject: RE: should binding/operation/infault|outfault@messageReference be opt ional?

Kevin, I'm guilty of that inconsistency. :-) I held off making a
comparable change to the binding components because I want to make sure
we (really I) understand how the @name and @messageReference attributes
work first.

For instance, is binding//@name sufficient to disambiguate which
interface sub-component is being modified? Or does binding//* need to
point back to the message (fault) references defined in the message
exchange pattern?

--Jeff

On
> Behalf Of Liu, Kevin
> Sent: Monday, November 10, 2003 11:35 AM
> To: www-ws-desc@w3.org
> Subject: should binding/operation/infault|outfault@messageReference be
opt
> ional?
>

> In the current draft, the attribute
> interface/operation/infault|outfault@messageReference is optional, the
> following rules are provided for determining its value:
>
> "The actual value of the messageReference attribute information item
if
> any; otherwise the {message reference} property of the message with
the
> same {direction} from the {message exchange pattern} of the Interface
> Operation component, provided there is exactly one such message and
the
> fault pattern of the {message exchange pattern} is
fault-replaces-message;