RE: HTTP binding options

From: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 10:45:16 -0800
To: "'Glen Daniels'" <gdaniels@sonicsoftware.com>, <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

> I don't think the use case of defining a single service where
> some uses
> serialize the entire GED in the message, and other uses
> serialize parts of
> the GED as URL-construction-blocks seems very realistic.  Can someone
> present a use-case for such a thing?

hmm, I don't think I'm advocating that.  I thought I was advocating that a
service has an interface that can choose via the binding whether to
serialize all or only some or even none of the GED into the envelope.

> Note that I'm not in any way against parameterizable URLs for
> REST-type
> services.  I just think there's got to be a better way to do
> it than ripping
> apart the described message contents.

Could you elaborate on a better way?  Perhaps I jumped to the solution when
I thought I was jumping at the requirement...  We might be in agreement and
it's just that I don't have enough of the context to express it in an
appropriate manner.

cheers,
Dave