RE: What WSDL defines - the diagram!

No, whether or not there are duplicate definitions is a property of the
WSDL document -- not a question of what a WSDL processor does with it.  The
*document* is erroneous (or non-conformant) if it contains duplicate
definitions.

WSDL processors might do many things.  We cannot make assumptions about
what they may wish to do, nor should we try to restrict what they might
do.  That's their business, not ours.  Our business is to define: (a) what
constitutes a conformant WSDL document; and (b) what that document means.

--
David Booth
W3C Fellow / Hewlett-Packard