Re: Counterproposal for service references

From: Arthur Ryman <ryman@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 14:47:30 -0500
To: WS Description List <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
Umit,

Thanks for posting your proposal.

I'd like to focus on the part of your proposal that deals with specifying
binding information for a reference at the <binding> level of the service.
My understanding is that you

P6: keep <wsdl:reference>

P5: make @wsdl:binding a global attribute and use that in <wsdl:reference>

This removes my main objection. However, the resulting solution now gives
developers two ways to associate interface information, so it seems
unnecessarily complex. I don't understand the objection to doing it all
with <wsdl:reference>.

Arthur Ryman,
WebSphere Studio Development Lead,
Web Services/XML/Data Tools