Re: What WSDL defines - the diagram!

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 10:41:37 -0500
To: paul.downey@bt.com
Cc: www-ws-desc@w3.org

Cool, thanks for tackling that at the f2f.

But I disagree with the diagram.  As it was explained to me, a WSDL 2.0
document could be said to "describe the syntax" of client and service
("schema in, schema out"), rather than "define the behaviour", which
would require defining what in/out means in relation to any requested
semantics (aka the protocol).

WSDL 1.1 describes the protocol in that it suggests that a successful
response to a message means that the requested operation in the message
was successfully invoked.  WSDL 2.0 is ambiguous.

Mark.