W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > March 2003

FW: Minutes March 13, 2003

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 16:04:46 -0800
Message-ID: <330564469BFEC046B84E591EB3D4D59C09B05A3F@red-msg-08.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Forwarding to public list.

-----Original Message-----
From: Allen Brookes [mailto:abrookes@roguewave.com] 
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 5:21 PM
To: 'w3c-ws-desc@w3.org'
Subject: Minutes March 13, 2003


WSDL 27 Feb 2003


Attendees

Present:
 Erik Ackerman          Lexmark
 David Booth            W3C
 Allen Brookes          Rogue Wave Software
 Roberto Chinnici       Sun Microsystems
 Glen Daniels           Macromedia
 Martin Gudgin          Microsoft
 Tom Jordahl            Macromedia
 Jacek Kopecky          Systinet
 Sandeep Kumar          Cisco Systems
 Philippe Le Hégaret    W3C
 Amelia Lewis           TIBCO
 Steve Lind             AT&T
 Lily Liu               webMethods
 Jonathan Marsh         Chair (Microsoft)
 Jean-Jacques Moreau    Canon
 Don Mullen             Tibco
 Jeffrey Schlimmer      Microsoft
 William Vambenepe      Hewlett-Packard
 Sanjiva Weerawarana    IBM
 Umit Yalcinalp         Oracle
 Prasad Yendluri        webMethods, Inc.
 
Observers:
 Simon Genzer           IONA
 
Regrets:
 Youenn Fablet          Canon
 Steve Graham           Global Grid Forum
 Kevin Canyang Liu      SAP
 Dale Moberg            Cyclone Commerce
 Arthur Ryman           IBM
 Igor Sedukhin          Computer Associates
 Jerry Thrasher         Lexmark
 
 
Chair: Jonathan Marsh 
Scribe: Allen Brookes

Contents


*	Agenda Items.

1.	Approval Minutes. 
2.	Action item review.
3.	Administrivia. 
4.	Patterns.
5.	Properties and Features.
6.	Issue 28: transport='uri'.
7.	Issue 2: SOAPAction has been deprecated, as of SOAP 1.2.
8.      Binding Type proposal from Kevin.
9.      Removing Message.

  _____  

Approval of Minutes: 

Minutes marked as approved for Feb 27 telecon and Cambridge face-to-face.


Action item review 

Philippe to push public draft out - done.
Editors to capture the "XMLP WG thiks we should describe attachments" issue
- done.
Editors MEP to add an issue to address request-response MEP - done.
Editors MEP to suggest meaningful names for our MEPs - done.
Editors to rename MEP spec to Part 2, od Part 2 becomes Part 3 - done.
Editors of the MEPs to record in that document our intention that a CR
requirement be that MEPs that prove their utility will be left in.  The
"utility" metric is that a binding (not necessarily from this group) which
makes use of that MeB be interoperable between two vendors - done.

ACTION:  New - Jonathan notify QA guys that we will be late on comments to
document.


Administrivia

(b) ACTION: Editors will find part 2 issues to dispatch easily next
telcon.New Issues

Additional administrivia - tech plenary feedback, team would like feedback,
should we have more tech plenaries.
Feedback form: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/100/TP2003/
Tech Plenary agenda: http://www.w3.org/2003/03/TechPlenAgenda.html

Straw poll - should there be tech plenaries twice a year?
	Yes - 6
	Mostly neutral


Patterns

ACTION: New task force: dbooth, alewis, Gudge, Don, Philippe, and Sanjiva,
come up with pros and cons of adding endpoint information to MEPs.

Philippe will create a mailing list for the task force
It will be: public-ws-desc-meps@w3.org.

Still need rationales for each MEP that will be included in spec.


Properties and Features

Still to do in the spec:
	give an example or two.
	Write a primer with deeper examples.
	Keep the task force active and flesh out examples.
	Mostly will live in Arch spec but pieces will live in WSDL spec.

ACTION: Glen will communicate with architecture group about charter for
properties and features task force.


Issue 28: transport='uri'

ACTION: Philippe will make a proposal concerning issue 28 using features and
properties.


Issue 2: SOAPAction has been deprecated, as of SOAP 1.2

ACTION: GlenD to propose a Property representation of SOAP action parameter
of application/soap+xml type


Binding Type proposal from Kevin

Postpone BindingType discussion for two weeks until Kevin is back.


Removing Message

Discussion of proposal to remove message ...
Sanjiva - IBM will submit a proposal that makes MIME types first class as
well as XML Schema.
ACTION: Don will write a proposal for annotating schema with part
information.
Umit - how do we deserialize a message that has been serialized with XPath?


Meeting Adjurns..


  _____  

Allen Brookes 
$Date: 2003/03/13 $ 
Received on Friday, 14 March 2003 19:06:03 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:23 GMT