Re: Action 2003-01-21 for Umit

Martin Gudgin wrote:

>OK, here are suggested bindings for one of the examples you posted.
>
>background-check.xsd
>
>Assumes that the operation refers to the background-record GED. Also
>assumes an in-scope ns decl for wsdl soap binding and tns of
>background-check.xsd
>
>1.
>
><!-- this binds the entire element to be a child of soap:Body -->
><soap:body xpath='*' />
>
>2.
>
><!-- this binds a subset of the children of the GED -->
><soap:body xpath='p:company | p:address[1] | p:person-info |
>p:address[position()!=1] | p:credit-rating' />
>
>3.
>
><!-- as above but also specifies that p:report is serialized seperately
>-->
><soap:body xpath='p:company | p:address[1] | p:person-info |
>p:address[position()!=1] | p:credit-rating' />
><swa:data xpath='p:report' />
>
>Note that the subset examples are still legal per the schema type. I
>only bind immediate children of the GED. One could use XPath to bind to
>arbitrary depth but I'm not sure we need that for these examples.
>
>Neither of the other two schemas you posted are legal, so I don't think
>it's reasonable to try to work up binding examples for them.
>
>For the record given the following:
>
>A) Can't nest an xsd:all inside xsd:choice or xsd:sequence.
>
>B) Can't have two element decls in the same context with different type
>but same name.
>
>choice.xsd is illegal for A and B, while recurring-group.xsd is illegal
>for A.

Point taken. It appears that I developed my schemas with a buggy tool it
appears which did not take into account expending the group defn.

I have to think a bit more about choice.xsd. However, the
recurring-group.xsd can be "fixed". It does not need to have xsd:all.
The recurrimg group definition could be expressed with an xsd:sequence.
This does not change the intent of making this as a recurring group.

>Regards
>
>Gudge

--umit

--