Re: Why single-interface is broken

This makes senses.

Regarding the name of the "extra" element, I don't think
<ultimateReceiver> works, because the SOAP node that plays the role of
the ultimateReceiver may be not be the node specified by the <endpoint>
element, but an intermediary upstream on the message path that happens
to like the message and feels it can play the SOAP ultimateReceiver role.

Hence I prefer your other suggestions.

Jean-Jacques.