RE: Minutes of W3C WSDWG Conference Call, June 26th, 2003

We did not drop @targetResource, although we considered it (and were
close).  There is concern that this and the diagrams we added to our
spec are generating non-converging discussion, and that the diagrams are
not central to the purpose of WSDL in describing the flow of messages
into and out from a Web service.  Likewise targetResource is solely for
purposes of discovery (out of scope according to our charter).  Those
are at least the questions I thought we were debating when we ran out of
time.

On
> Behalf Of David Orchard
> Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2003 12:07 PM
> To: www-ws-desc@w3.org
> Subject: RE: Minutes of W3C WSDWG Conference Call, June 26th, 2003
>
> From the minutes, I observe:
>
> <sanjiva> Q1: Should WSDL retain the information whether different
> endpoints are related or not?
> <sanjiva> Glenn: @ F2F we decided yes
> <sanjiva> Jack: we would reject the idea of indicating relations
b'ween
> services until someone comes up with a definition of that relation and
> then we'd reconsider.
>
> <sdl-scribe> JM: out of time, can't reach decision
>
> BEA strongly believes that this decision shouldn't be revisited, or it
> should be re-affirmed.  The right decision was made at the F2F, and
I'm