Re: targetResource and relationships

From: Amelia A. Lewis <alewis@tibco.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 10:37:48 -0400
To: Dave Hollander <dmh@contivo.com>
Cc: www-ws-desc@w3.org

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:00:20 -0700
Dave Hollander <dmh@contivo.com> wrote:
> I agree that there would be some simplifications if multiple
> interfaces were allowed, however these are easily overcome by
> creating a new service that provides a single interface to all
> of the others.

But not when it is not reasonable to aggregate these interfaces into a
single interface, as when (for instance) a pub/sub notification
interface exists as well as a client/server submission interface and a
client/server management interface.

Likewise, in the case of a management interface and a submission
interface, these functions may be strictly separated (always accessed at
different endpoints).  Forcing them into an aggregate requires the
designer to either place both on a single endpoint, or to enable both
endpoints to receive (and forward?) messages that should have been sent
to the other, or (permissibly?) to actually implement only a portion of
an interface within each endpoint.

In other words, aggregation *cannot* solve the problem of multiplicity
of service elements introduced by the single interface per service
proposal.

Amy!
--
Amelia A. Lewis