Re: Complex reference versus containment [WAS: Re: Comments on the pretty pictures]

I agree with Amy that naming something that is not a web service a
wsdl:service is confusing, if not outright evil. 8-)

I see the following terminology now:

Turtle, aka Resource, aka the Thing - a set of endpoints
Endpoint - an instance of an interface, living at one URI
Interface - a set of operations

IMHO the turtle, the grand concept of the Web Services Description
Language, should be the Web Service.

So, what do we call the entity that the OGSI folks (unsure here) have
called for, the entity that has multiple endpoints with a common single
interface? What is the usecase and does it suggest a name? I think I
usually heard that the requirement is that the service have a single
interface. Why would that be, if we all agree that the main thing does
have multiple interfaces?

Anyway, I disagree with Amy that apart from naming confusion, the
targetResource approach is significantly more complex for processing.

Best regards,

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   Senior Architect
                   Systinet Corporation