Re: targetResource wording

"Savas Parastatidis" <Savas.Parastatidis@newcastle.ac.uk> writes:

> I said that in David's example there are 3000 Printer Services that are
> distinguished only by the different targetResources.

If the services are indeed operating on different printers that
would have to be the case. Note that the <service> QName would
also have to be different.

How would you design that in WSDL 1.1? You would have to have
different services too and it would look the same, except that
there wouldn't be a targetResource attribute to indicate the
resource. What that allows is *another* service to say its
messing with the same resource.

One can of course define a printer service in which every
operation takes the printer as an argument. In that case one
wouldn't need different services .. the printer is part of
the input.

There are different ways of defining interfaces obviously. This
is nothing new from WSDL - this is the way with any language.

Sanjiva.