W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > July 2003

Minutes 24 July 2003 WS Desc Telcon

From: Allen Brookes <abrookes@roguewave.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 11:06:52 -0700
Message-ID: <F888C30C3021D411B9DA00B0D0209BE805935526@cvo-exchange.cvo.roguewave.com>
To: w3c-ws-desc@w3.org, "'www-ws-desc@w3.org'" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

W3C Web Services Description Teleconference 7/24/2003
Minutes of Meeting 
-------------------------------------------------------------------- 
1. Scribe: Allen Brookes
-------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2. Approval of minutes: 
- July 17 telcon
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0121.html>
[APPROVED]
-------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Present:
 David Booth            W3C
 Allen Brookes          Rogue Wave Software
 Roberto Chinnici       Sun Microsystems
 Glen Daniels           Macromedia
 Youenn Fablet          Canon
 Steve Graham           Global Grid Forum
 Tom Jordahl            Macromedia
 Philippe Le Hégaret    W3C
 Amelia Lewis           TIBCO
 Kevin Canyang Liu      SAP
 Lily Liu               webMethods
 Jonathan Marsh         Chair (Microsoft)
 Dale Moberg            Cyclone Commerce
 Bijan Parsia           University of Maryland MIND Lab
 Arthur Ryman           IBM
 Adi Sakala             IONA Technologies
 Jeffrey Schlimmer      Microsoft
 Igor Sedukhin          Computer Associates
 Bryan Thompson         Hicks & Associates (DARPA)
 William Vambenepe      Hewlett-Packard
 Sanjiva Weerawarana    IBM
 Umit Yalcinalp         Oracle
 Prasad Yendluri        webMethods, Inc.
 
Regrets:
 Alan Davies            SeeBeyond
 Dietmar Gaertner       Software AG
 Jacek Kopecky          Systinet
 Steve Lind             AT&T
 Jeff Mischkinsky       Oracle
 Jean-Jacques Moreau    Canon
 Jerry Thrasher         Lexmark

3.  Review of Action items [.1].
PENDING   2003-03-13: Don will write a proposal for annotating schema
                      with part information.
PENDING   2003-03-27: Philippe write up a proposal for embedding binary
                      data types in schema
PENDING   2003-05-13: DaveO to send a motivating example for R131.
DONE [.3] 2003-05-13: Jeffsch, Sanjiva, Glen, Umit, JJM to come up with
                      a proposal to get rid with the message construct,
                      and add programming hints.
DONE      2003-07-17: DBooth to create/link logistics page for Sept F2F.
DONE [.2] 2003-07-17: DBooth to reply to Anne Manes asking what would 
                      be the diff between her proposed service URI and 
                      the service QName.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0107.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0114.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------- 
4. Administrivia 
a. July FTF draft agenda review  Do we have bridge details? 
   David Booth will update logistics page with dial-in information.
   Jonathan Marsh will send out updated agenda moving important items from 
   Wednesday to Thursday and Friday.
b. Sept FTF logistics [.3] 
   ACTION: David Booth will prepare registration page.
------------------------------------------------------------------ 
5. Task Force Status. 
   Task force will present findings at F2F.
------------------------------------------------------------------ 
6. New Issues  - none
------------------------------------------------------------------ 
7. Open content model - ##other or ##targetNamespace [.1]. 
	Do we allow only other namespaces or also target namespace?
	Resolved: do not allow extensions in target namespace. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------- 
8. Naming the service resource 
	Anne Mannes wants URI not QName to represent service.
	Is Arthur's proposal for generating URI's from QNames enough?
	Need to ask Anne for more clarification on what URI would represent.
	Would URI be required or optional?
	Straw poll - Should we pursue service URI proposal? 16:01:22 [igors]

	Yes = 7, no = 15 16:03:44 [Allen] 
	ACTION: David Booth will pose questions to Anne about URI vs QName. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------- 
9. - 15. Will be discussed at F2F
-------------------------------------------------------------------- 
	Additional Discussion - TomJ - Discuss RPC encoded vs doc/lit  
	Issue - when using soap encoding schema must represent what is going
on the wire, not the preencoded message
-------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Summary of Action Items: 
   ACTION: David Booth will prepare registration page for Sept F2F.
   ACTION: David Booth will pose questions to Anne about URI vs QName. 
Received on Thursday, 24 July 2003 14:11:12 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:25 GMT