RE: eliminating <message>: a few additional thoughts

From: Savas Parastatidis <Savas.Parastatidis@newcastle.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 20:57:57 +0100
To: "Christopher B Ferris" <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>
Cc: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>, <www-ws-desc-request@w3.org>

> Not sure I would agree... WS-I Basic Profile 1.0 has constrained
SOAP1.1
> such that there must be but a single
> child element of the SOAP:Body element. I am not convinced that this
> constraint will be changed for SOAP1.2.
>
> Cheers,

It goes without saying that I am not an expert in the WS-I Basic
Profile, but would you be kind enough to reference the part in the
document that says that multiple elements are not allowed in the SOAP
body? (This is for my education)

The only relevant quote I could find says (section 5.6.9)...

<quote>
WSDL 1.1 is not completely clear what, in document-literal style
bindings, the child element of soap:Body is.

R2712 A document-literal binding MUST be represented on the wire as a
MESSAGE with a soap:Body whose child element is an instance of the
global element declaration referenced by the corresponding wsdl:message
part.

</quote>

Now, in WSDL 1.2 (or WSDL 2) the <message> element will go away and the
description will be clear (I hope) one what the body of a SOAP message
will be.

.savas.