W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > July 2003

RE: Agenda, 17 July 2003 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 07:56:04 -0700
Message-ID: <DF1BAFBC28DF694A823C9A8400E71EA24EB5AC@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>, <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Removing message will remain in flux until we see a proposal for adding
"programming hints".

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Sanjiva Weerawarana [mailto:sanjiva@watson.ibm.com]
> Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2003 2:02 AM
> To: Jonathan Marsh; www-ws-desc@w3.org
> Subject: Re: Agenda, 17 July 2003 WS Desc telcon
> 
> Hi Jonathan,
> 
> Is there any chance of moving the <message> discussion much
> higher on the agenda today?
> 
> I think it fell off the agenda last week (I had to drop off
> early) and since the single interface thing is before that
> I fear that we may never get to it. Same concern for the
> binding changes .. we seem to be stuck on one little (IMO)
> point and unable to make progress on other things. To me,
> without committing to what we're doing or not doing to
> <message> all the binding stuff is in total flux.
> 
> Sanjiva.
> 
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Jonathan Marsh" <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
> To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
> Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2003 12:13 AM
> Subject: Agenda, 17 July 2003 WS Desc telcon
> 
> 
> >
> > 0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:
> >
> > See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and
other
> > information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.
> >
> > If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG
list
> > before the start of the telcon.
> >
> > [.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Jul/0023.html
> > [.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
> > [.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin
> >
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------
> > Agenda
> >
> > 1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is:
> >       Don Mullen (fallbacks: Adi Sakala, Sandeep Kumar,
> >       Prasad Yendluri, Dietmar Gaertner, Jerry Thrasher,
> >       Allen Brooks, Glen Daniels)
> >
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------
> > 2.  Approval of minutes:
> >   - July 10 telcon [.1].  Alan Davies sent belated regrets.
Jonathan
> >     asked for two AIs to be recorded [.2].
> >
> > [.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0052.html
> > [.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0054.html
> >
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------
> > 3.  Review of Action items [.1].
> > ?         2003-03-13: Don will write a proposal for annotating
schema
> >                       with part information.
> > ?         2003-03-27: Philippe write up a proposal for embedding
binary
> >                       data types in schema
> > ?         2003-05-13: DaveO to send a motivating example for R131.
> > ?         2003-05-13: Jeffsch, Sanjiva, Glen, Umit, JJM to come up
with
> >                       a proposal to get rid with the message
construct,
> >                       and add programming hints.
> > ?         2003-06-12: Jacek to synthesize the different approaches
> >                       to solving issue 64.
> > DONE [.2] 2003-07-03: Arthur to figure out which validation mode our
> >                       schema should specify on xs:any.
> > ?         2003-07-10: DBooth to reconcile his terminology with that
> >                       in the requirements doc.
> > DONE [.3] 2003-07-10: Jonathan to send a summary of the
@serviceGroup
> >                       idea to the list.
> >
> > [.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
> > [.2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0068.html
> > [.3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0055.html
> >
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------
> > 4.  Administrivia
> >   a. July FTF logistics [.1], registration [.2]
> >   b. Sept FTF logistics [.3] (need registration page)
> >
> > [.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/3/05/f2fJulyLogistics.htm
> > [.2]
> >
http://cgi.w3.org/Register/selectUser.pl?_w3c_meetingName=WSAWG_WSDWG_20
> > 0307
> > [.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/arch/3/07/f2fSeptLogistics.html
> >
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------
> > 5.  Task Force Status.
> >  a. Properties and Features (dormant)
> >  b. Patterns
> >  c. Attributes
> >  d. QA & Testing
> >
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------
> > 6.  New Issues.  Merged issues list [.1].
> >   - none
> >
> > [.1]
> >
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.html
> >
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------
> > 7.  Open content model - validate "strict" [.1].
> >
> > [.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0068.html
> >
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------
> > 8.  Polishing off single service per interface
> >     Terminology [.1]  Diagram [.2, .3]
> >     Alternatives: @targetResource
> >                   @serviceGroup [.5]
> >
> >   - Naming the service resource [.4]
> >
> > [.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0018.html
> > [.2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jun/0064.html
> > [.3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0019.html
> > [.4]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0008.html
> > [.5]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0055.html
> >
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------
> > 9.  Binding enhancements
> >     Sanjiva proposes [.1] to:
> >       1) Drop @interface from binding, since now in service.
> >       2) Allow inlining interface-wide binding within a port and
> >          making binding optional.
> >       3) Define default binding (SOAP doc/lit).
> >       4) Dealing with operation specific SOAPActions.
> >     Kevin proposes to [.2]:
> >       1) Allow reuse of parts of bindings through a BindingDetails
> >          element and corresponding references.
> >     Consolidated proposal [.3]
> >     Amy's feedback [.4]
> >
> > [.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0046.html
> > [.2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0068.html
> > [.3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0017.html
> > [.4]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0051.html
> >
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------
> > 10. Removing message.
> >     Investigating idea to cleanly separate interop at the message
> >     format level from interop at the programming model level.
Proposal
> >     from Sanjiva [.1]
> >
> > [.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0025.html
> >
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------
> > 11. R085 Describing endpoint references.  [.1]
> >   - General agreement to add such capability to WSDL, but
> >     not agreement on the precise form of the annotations and
> >     where in the WSDL they should reside. Proposal
> >     from Umit [.3], response from Arthur [.4].
> >   - Related issue (?) dynamic discovery of a service [.2].
> >
> > [.1]
> >
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Apr/att-0088/R085-20
> > 03-04-22.html
> > [.2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0004.html
> > [.3]
> >
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jun/att-0024/umit_pr
> > oposal.html__charset_ISO-8859-1
> > [.4]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jun/0142.html
> >
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------
> > 12. Issue 64 [.1] Operations an HTTP verbs (Mark Baker) [.2, .3, .4]
> >
> > [.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x64
> > [.2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0094.html
> > [.3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0103.html
> > [.4]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0111.html
> >
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------
> > 13. Issue 2: SOAPAction has been deprecated, as of SOAP 1.2 [.1].
> >   - Arthur's proposal to unify property URIs and QName URIs. [.2]
> >     Alternatives include using property markup, or a QNamed
> >     attribute.
> >   - Proposal for advertising QoS features of a Web service in WSDL
[.3].
> >
> > [.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x2
> > [.2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0047.html
> > [.3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0020.html
> >
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------
> > 14. Moving MIME Type Information to the Interface [.1]
> >     Awaiting proposal from Philippe.
> >
> > [.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Mar/0028.html
> >
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------
> > 15. Using RDF in WSDL [.1].
> >     Dependent upon RDF mapping first draft.
> >
> > [.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0076.html
> >
> >
> >
> >
> 
Received on Thursday, 17 July 2003 10:56:43 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:25 GMT