RE: Naming the service resource

From: Ugo Corda <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 12:26:11 -0700
To: "Anne Thomas Manes" <anne@manes.net>, <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

> IMHO, the ability to select a service based on reliable response time is a
> separate issue and not part of the service's basic identity.

My point is that trying to identify a service's "basic identity" might be a frustrating effort where different people have different ideas of what this "basic identity" should be like. Some people might enjoy discussing the "metaphysics of web services" and finding out what is "really" out there behind the ephemeral WSDL interface, but I am afraid it will end up in a series of non-converging discussions (a little bit like the targetResource discussions).

Ugo