Re: Whither MEP and Feature discussions?

I like this idea.  A lot.  Two other groups may have members to contribute: xmlp and choreography.

I'd like to be on either, or both TFs.  Several other WSD members are likely to want to be a part of it; several of us were tasked with forming a task force at the last face to face.

Amy!
On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 11:24:40 -0800
"David Orchard" <dorchard@bea.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I wanted to talk about the issue of which group should "own" the MEP
> discussion.  Currently, it seems to be finding a home in WSD.  I could
> easily come up with arguments about why this should/could be in ws-arch -
> and arguments why not as well.
>
> But maybe there is a 3rd way.  Under the assumption that not everybody in
> WSD and not everybody in WS-arch are interested in actively contributing to
> this, I'd like to suggest that a task force be formed.  Similar to how XPath
> 1.0 was developed betwen XLink and XSL, and XPath 2.0 between XQuery and
> XSL.
>
> One reason to do this is so that the particular WG's can focus on other
> areas while the TF is proceeding.
>
> The "Features" discussion might also be a candidate for a TF.
>
> Cheers,
> Dave

Architect, TIBCO/Extensibility, Inc.