Re: On removing messages

From: Umit Yalcinalp <umit.yalcinalp@oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 22:13:24 -0800
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org
CC: Roberto Chinnici <roberto.chinnici@sun.com>
Roberto,

This is definitely a good list of issues that we would like to discuss at the meeting as well. To reiterate, it is essential to address the binding implications (4) while addressing the expressiveness(5), completeness (7) and attachments (8). As you have pointed out, not all aspects of "expressiveness" are equally important and the issue boils down to (6), whether there should be multiple parts in a message. Attached is an informal note on questions/conclusions we came up at Oracle while thinking about the original proposal [1] last week. We came up with a similar set of issues which we would like to consider before we can think of making this drastic change.

Given our concerns, it seems that Sanjeeva's proposal [2] is definitely in the right direction as it addresses (4), (5) and (8) while retaining (6).

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0035.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0042.html

--umit

--