RE: write-up of interaction patterns

> If you wanted to write the same WSDL from the perspective of the
> sender (node
> "A") you could just flip it:
>
> <operation mep="request-response-uri" role="node-A-uri">
>   <output message="someMessage" role="Request"/>
>   <input message="otherMessage" role="Response"/>
> </operation>
>
> Here's what I like about this:
>
> 1) it adds to the current syntax, rather than introducing yet
> another element
> to the language.
>
> 2) it maintains the "input" and "output" distinction, which might
> (or might
> not, I'm not 100% sure) be useful for certain tools, regardless of their
> understanding of the MEP involved.

Would that mean that a tool can decide to either look at the role attribute
or the element name to decide in which direction the message flows?

If it can get that information from the element name I don't see why the
role attribute is required. If the exact semantics are expressed in the role
attribute than the element name can be inconsistent with the role attribute,
allowing one tool to undestand it incorrectly and another tool to spot a
mistake.

So I see a possible interoperability problem if one tool decides to only
look at part of the information and another tool decides to look at all the
information and they both disagree on what exactly the WSDL is trying to
describe.

arkin