RE: MEP proposal

OK. I'll fix up the language in 2.5.1 and/or 2.7

> > Naming the MEPs something other than MEP1-7? I don't really mind. I
> > would suggest we leave them as is because then they don't
> accumulate
> > any baggage due to people reading particular properties into a
> > particular name.
> >
> > Naming the message references something other than 'A', 'B', 'C'? I
> > guess we could, again I don't really see the benefit, they're just
> > there to allow us to sequence things.
>
> Both mostly for simplicity and self-describability reasons.
> How often do we see, for example, XML files with the elements
> as below? 8-)
> <el1>
>   <el2/>
>   <el3/>
> </el1>

I'm not sure these are the same kind of thing as element/attribute names
in XML. These names really are just used for sequencing/disjunction.
Perhaps they should be called 1, 2 and 3?

> > > For example, SOAP
> > > Request/Response maps to MEP2, SOAP Response maps either to
> > > MEP4 or MEP2, and a potential SOAP Req/Resp MEP involving one
> > > intermediary would map to two WSDL MEPs - MEP2 for the
> > > service and MEP8 (below) for the intermediary. And that's not
> > > considering describing the client in a WSDL. 8-)
> >
> > We agreed that WSDL describes things from the POV of the service.
>
> Either both parties can be considered a service in a
> client/server relationship in at least some cases, or
> output-first MEPs don't make sense. Or am I wrong?

I do not understand your conclusion. I think output-first MEPs make
sense from the POV of the service.

Gudge