Re: On removing messages

"Dale Moberg" <dmoberg@cyclonecommerce.com> writes:

> Gudge expressed "reservations" in a forceful way about re-inventing the
                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> cardinality apparatus within input,output, and fault.

I would've been disappointed with Gudge if he hadn't done precisely
that ;-).

I am ok with dropping those, but IMHO they're very useful. Yes, it
reinvents (i.e., copies) a useful concept, but IMO that's ok because
it brings in the key value of using XSD for that level without
bringing in all the complexity of XSD. As a result, it allows
me to say something like "I can handle 1 or more image/gif attachments."

> Also the wsdl-MEP combinatorics did not fit with the repeated input
> element. That would be easily correctable, though, if input, output (and
> fault?) were allowed to have content models with repeated "part" EIIs.

Yeah, there are several ways of addressing that problem.

> So, my scorecard now shows that the distaste for repeating the
> cardinality apparatus in attributes on input, etc as being the main
> obstacle to the Sanjiva compromise approach. Others may be tracking
> different statistics though.

Can others indicate what other problems were found please?

Thanks,

Sanjiva.