RE: presentation on removing message

From: Jeffrey Schlimmer <jeffsch@windows.microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 09:37:10 -0700
To: "Arthur Ryman" <ryman@ca.ibm.com>, <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
From: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ws-desc-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Arthur Ryman

I reviewed the document and Appendix C, and have the following comments:

[jeffsch: Great!]

1. Section 2.16 Symbol Spaces refers to 4 top level constructs including
Message. Change this to 3 and delete Message.
[jeffsch: Fixed.

2. Table C-1 is correct except for the fault row. The spec defines
infault and outfault so replace this row by two and use infault and
[jeffsch: Fixed.]

3. We should probably state that if an optional @name attribute is
missing, then the value of the component name is the empty string.
However, we should probably also tighten up the spec to state that even
if the @name attribute is optional, it must uniquely identify the
component, e.g. if there are more than one <input> components then they
must have unique names within the parent <operation>.
[jeffsch: Section 2.8.1 current states:

"For each Message Reference component in the {message references} and
{fault references} properties of an Interface operation component the
{name} property must be unique. "

Is that sufficient?]

Arthur Ryman
----- Forwarded by Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM on 08/07/2003 05:10 PM -----