Issue 28 proposal

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek@systinet.com>
Date: 18 Apr 2003 09:44:51 +0200
To: WS-Description WG <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Hi, here is a proposal for resolving the long-standing issue 28 [1].

The issue deals with the fact that in SOAP there may be multiple
different bindings to any given transport and the 'transport' attribute
doesn't seem to distinguish between them.

I'd add to this issue the distinction that some people make between
'transport' and 'application' protocols, specifically HTTP being the
latter.

I propose that we simply rename the 'transport' attribute to 'protocol',
its value being the binding name as specified by the particular Protocol
Binding specification (for SOAP 1.2 HTTP binding - from the Candidate
Rec, it is "http://www.w3.org/2002/12/soap/bindings/HTTP/" (see [2]).
Thus the WSDL spec would no longer create its own names for protocols.

Best regards,

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   Senior Architect
                   Systinet Corporation