RE: WS-Addressing and R085

 [Got away before I finished typing]

> This is probably a meta-issue better suited for www-ws, but
> it seems as though you don't believe that there's a middle
> ground between "REST is the alpha and omega of distrubuted
> computing"  and "REST is nonsense that should be ignored."  I
> believe that SOAP 1.2 has staked out a very useful middle

ground where it is/should be possible for Web services to use HTTP as
intended by HTTP's designers in those cases (the Google interface probably
being a good example) where it fits well, but is possible/desireable to
"tunnel" HTTP in cases where the REST style is not a good fit (the examples
that Clement Vasters cited are compelling).  IMHO WSDL 1.2 should support
the SOAP 1.2 REST features, but not buy into the more or less meaningless
(from the SOAP/WSDL point of view) distinction between "application" and
"transport" protocols.