RE: WS-Addressing and R085

I accept that.  I also accept that a (hypothetical) SOAP binding that uses
PUT to simply transfer messages to a queue identified by a URI rather than
overwrite the queue [the issue discussed in the messages cited, IIRC] is
probably not a good fit with HTTP's defined semantics.  But that's an issue
of the details of a binding from SOAP to a "move bits around" [dodging the
transport vs transfer issue] protocol, not a issue of whether application
protocol neutrality is a good thing in principle.

This is probably a meta-issue better suited for www-ws, but it seems as
though you don't believe that there's a middle ground between "REST is the
alpha and omega of distrubuted computing"  and "REST is nonsense that should
be ignored."  I believe that SOAP 1.2 has staked out a very useful middle
ground where it is/