Re: WS-Addressing and R085

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 23:28:30 -0400
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 01:02:26PM -0400, Arthur Ryman wrote:
> The WS-Addressing spec has recently been published [1]. It describes how
> to send Web service endpoint references in messages and is therefore very
> relevant to R085. Pls review and comment. Thx.

Well, I think you said it there when you said that WS-Addressing deals with
endpoint references.  R085 appears to require that WSDL be able to describe
messages with URIs anywhere in the message, pointing to anything (e.g.
perhaps those involved in a hypermedia interaction), not just endpoint
references in a particular portion of the message (e.g. headers).

I think R085 requires a much more general solution than WS-Addressing
provides.

And FWIW, I don't think WS-Addressing is a solution to any known
problem.  It assumes "protocol independance" is a feature, rather than
a bug.

MB