RE: Proposal to set arbitrary HTTP header fields

On Thu, 2003-04-10 at 13:36, David Orchard wrote:
> I really support this kind of work.  Would it be possible to express message
> parts in header fields?  Imagine a use case where travel agent web services
> is doing a query for flights, and the query requires an XQuery and HTTP is
> used (so HTTP POST is required).  There would be a username/password,
> conversationID, and the xml content.  Each of these parts can be bound to
> different places in the message stream.  The username/password is bound to
> the HTTP mechanisms, the conversationID into the URI, and the XQuery into
> the SOAP body.

While there may a value in expressing message in header fields, I'm not
sure if this example is good enough. We would be better off having an
abstract feature to define a username/password mechanism that can reused
across than bindings. The username/password should not be included in
the message parts, but instead controlled using features/properties.

Philippe