RE: Rationale for Dropping the <soap:body use=...> Attribute

One more point:

WS-I has chosen to not include Encoded in the Basic profile. That isn't
quite the same thing as saying that they have made the recommendation to use
only Literal. This was a hefty topic of debate, and one of the primary
reasons why they decided not to include Encoded was to reduce the scope of
the Basic profile.

Anne