A slice at a proposal for SOAP features/properties in WSDL

From: Glen Daniels <gdaniels@macromedia.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 02:12:45 -0400
To: "'www-ws-desc@w3.org'" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Folks:

Here's a VERY rough draft (in no way finished or "spec-ready") of a proposal to extend WSDL to describe SOAP 1.2 features/properties/modules.  The idea is to move us in the direction of a clear framework within which we can express the same stuff that the SOAP extensibility model talks about.  The examples show, for instance, how the WebMethod feature might be described, and how to do some simple indications of available and required features/modules for given services/operations.  If we like this approach, the next step is to tighten this overview up into a real specification.

Comments welcome, though I probably won't get to them until after next weekend.  Much as I'd love to hash this stuff out with y'all over beers in DC, I am hopping on a plane to Italy tomorrow for a 9 day vacation.

--Glen