[Pub-Sub-Task] Web-friendly pub/sub

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 21:53:04 -0500
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org

Hi all,

I'll try to contribute to this TF where I feel I have something to add,
but I did want to first point you to a Web-friendly publish/subscribe
example that I constructed for the Web services architecture group (and
designed for my company's software, FWIW).  By "Web-friendly" I mean a
solution that respects all of REST's constraints, in particular the
"uniform interface" constraint.

A recent email of mine to www-ws-arch summarizes the two approaches,
and I believe the REST based approach to be superior by any measure;

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-arch/2002Oct/0112

Thanks.

MB
--
Mark Baker, CTO, Idokorro Mobile.  Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA.
http://www.markbaker.ca             http://www.idokorro.com