RE: A modest proposal on WSDL semantics

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: 25 Oct 2002 09:53:53 -0400
To: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
Cc: "'Jonathan Marsh'" <jmarsh@microsoft.com>, www-ws-desc@w3.org

On Thu, 2002-10-24 at 17:52, David Orchard wrote:
> Jonathan,
>
> Good question.  I think it does overlap with the TAG issue.  However, the
> TAG's guidance will be for namespace name documents above and beyond WSDL.
> Therefore, WSD WG ought to do what it thinks is best.

+1. The TAG is only issuing "findings" anyway. If the TAG fails to find
consensus, it does not mean that we should fail as well. I doubt that,
if they do, we would end up in complete opposition. Option 1 in David's
proposal is a necessary step to compare WSDLs imho. Option 2a would help
the people who want to put a description of their service. Once you
wrote your xhtml document to describe your service, it does not hurt to
put it at the end of the targetNamespace, along with other information
if you need to.

Philippe