Re: Importing schemata into WSDL

From: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 13:29:18 +0600
To: "WS Description WG" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

> > Don> It seems unlikely that I am going to win this argument
> > (especially
> > since I've heard no one in the group support this view!).  I
> > would like to
> > see some text in the spec, however, that indicates that
> > although embedded
> > schemas are supported in WSDL, best practice dictates that schemas be
> > imported.
>
> +1

I'm not an XSD expert, so I haven't tried to follow this deep
XSD discussion.

However, if the above is a conclusion then I think its fundamentally
wrong- a WSDL being able to inline the XSD types that it uses
is a very natural and complete scenario in my mind. Hence, I
disagree that this should discouraged as not being a "best-practice."