Re: Importing schemata into WSDL

From: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 05:24:33 +0600
To: "Don Mullen" <donmullen@tibco.com>, "'Jacek Kopecky'" <jacek@systinet.com>, "WS Description WG" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
Cc: "Amy Lewis" <alewis@tibco.com>

"Don Mullen" <donmullen@tibco.com> writes:

> I would argue that WSDL 1.1 made a mistake in adding embedded schemas
using
> <types> -- WSDL should get out of types definitions space and drop <types>
> completing -- just allow <import> of schemas.

I disagree - without the ability to inline schemas life becomes
a pain. Why is it a mistake to allow one to inline schema
documents??

WSDL is *not* in the type definitions space: It says to use
XSD and allows one to place XSD definitions in the same XML document.
That to me is just XML convenience, but obviously you have some
other concern that I'm not grokking.