W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > November 2002

Agenda for 21 November 2002 WS Description WG

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 13:04:34 -0800
Message-ID: <330564469BFEC046B84E591EB3D4D59C08843D61@red-msg-08.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters. 

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2002Nov/0018.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is:
      Steve Tuecke (fallbacks Jean-Jacques Moreau, David Booth, Sandeep
Kumar, Sanjiva Weerawarana, Roberto Chinnici)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes of Nov 7 telcon [.1].
      Adi had sent regrets for Oct 31st and Oct 24th as well, which I
missed.
    Approval of minutes of Nov 11-13 FTF [.2, .3, .4]. Summary at [.5]
    
[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0084.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0069.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0070.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0071.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0072.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items.
??        2002-09-10: Gudge to provide summary of using W3C XML Schema
                      to wrap other type systems at an appropriate level
                      of abstraction.
??        2002-10-17: Gudge and A. Lewis to make a proposal for
                      describing xs:import and (apparently) xs:schema 
                      as "required" extensibility elements.
OBSOLETE  2002-11-07: Jonathan to dig up use cases for various kinds 
                      of equivalence in archives, etc.
?         2002-11-11: Part 1 editors to add to an appendix outlining the
                      areas requiring transitional documentation.  
                      Specific text TBD.
DONE [.1] 2002-11-11: David O will post a summary of URN and fragment
                      identifiers with namespace issues to TAG.
?         2002-11-11: Arthur will submit targetNamespace/simplifiedNun 
                      text to editors to be included in part 1 as 
                      non-normative appendix, including a note 
                      regarding non backward compatibility with wsdl 
                      1.1.
?         2002-11-12: Paco will write two options for naming faults: 
                      schema vs WSDL.
?         2002-11-12: Roberto will try and come up with another proposal

                      for eliminating message, the discussion goes to 
                      email or the next f2f.
?         2002-11-12: Marsh to contact the XMLP WG (and later the wider
                      public) speaking about the issues around removing 
                      the use attribute.
?         2002-11-12: Gudge to ammend WSDL schema to use substitution 
                      groups for extensibility rather than wild cards.
?         2002-11-12: Glen and Paco to chase the Global Grid Forum 
                      WRT services implementing a single portType.
?         2002-11-13: Glen to write the 2 proposals for specifying
binding
                      properties and send them to the list (1 = add
                      <*:property> to <binding>, 2 = move protocol 
                      binding stuff including properties to ports.)

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0050.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. New drafts expected for review by Dec 6th.

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  New Issues.  Merged issues list [.1].
  a. Prasad (WS-I): Optionality of soap:headers at binding level [.2]
  b. Youenn: Open content model and inheritance issues [.3]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0055.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0068.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  WSDL media type registration.  Mark Baker's conclusion [.1]. Tag
finding [.2], WG process guideline [.3].

Last minutes indicate that there was no resolution.  My recollection is
that we decided we would:
1) Follow the TAG recommendation [.2] and process [.3], adding the media
type registration as anappendix to Part 1.
2) Add an issue to that appendix on whether to register "text/wsdl+xml"
instead of or in addition to "application/wsdl+xml".

Confirmation requested.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0009.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2002/0129-mime
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/06/registering-mediatype

--------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Identification of a Service.  David O's list of related TAG issues
at [.1].  Is there more we need to do at this point?

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0050.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Allowing alternative schema languages.  Text from Amy at [.1, .2].
Do we need WG approval to incorporate this?

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0037.html
[.2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/att-0037/01-exte
nsions.txt

--------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  SOAP headers independent of SOAP modules.  JJM sent a query on this
topic to XMLP [.1].  What are our actions here?

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0056.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Removing message.  Roberto's proposal at [.1].

Waiting revised proposal from Roberto?

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0035.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------- 
11. Output operations.
      Amy's Day Trader application [.1].

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0052.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------- 
12. Properties and features.
      Glen's slice [.1].  Amy's revised proposal [.2]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0004.html 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0083.html 

-------------------------------------------------------------------- 
13. Proposal: MEP support in operations [.1].

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0085.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
14. HTTP Binding Issues (6a, 41)
    Jeffrey recommends no change [.1].
    Sanjiva is mulling this over [.2].
    Dependent upon Glen's feature/property proposal.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jun/0102.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jul/0067.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
15. BindingType proposal from Kevin [.1].
      Awaiting further work on Part 2 AM.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Aug/0009.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
16. Issue 28: transport='uri' [.1]
    Dependent upon Glen's feature/property proposal.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x28

--------------------------------------------------------------------
17. Issue 2: SOAPAction has been deprecated, as of SOAP 1.2 [.1].
    Jean-Jacques proposal at [.2].
    Jacek's addendum at [.3].
    Dependent upon Glen's feature/property proposal.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x2
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0050.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0056.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
18. Issue 25: Interaction between W3C XML Schema and SOAP Data Model 
    Gudge's explains at [.1], Roberto's options at [.2].
    Waiting for more detail in ACM?

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jun/0186.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jul/0071.html

- Jonathan
Received on Wednesday, 20 November 2002 16:05:07 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:22 GMT