W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > November 2002

Regrets for 11/7 and 11/14

From: Steve Tuecke <tuecke@mcs.anl.gov>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 16:53:53 -0600
Message-Id: <5.1.1.6.2.20021106165245.01649ca0@localhost>
To: "Jonathan Marsh" <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Cc: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Tied up meetings the next two weeks.
-Steve

At 12:04 PM 11/6/2002, Jonathan Marsh wrote:

>0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:
>
>See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
>information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.
>
>If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
>before the start of the telcon.
>
>[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2002Nov/0006.html
>[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
>[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin
>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>Agenda
>
>1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is:
>       Steve Tuecke (fallbacks Don Wright, Glen Daniels, Kevin Liu, Tom
>Jordahl, Jacek Kopecky)
>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>2.  Approval of minutes of Oct 31 telcon [.1].  Kevin Liu had sent
>regrets, which I missed.
>
>[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0010.html
>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>3.  Review of Action items.
>?         2002-09-10: Gudge, jeffsch, roberto et al to write proposal
>                       to replace message with complexType [due this
>week]
>FTF       2002-09-10: Gudge to provide summary of using W3C XML Schema
>                       to wrap other type systems at an appropriate level
>                       of abstraction.
>FTF       2002-09-11: Jeffrey, DonM to define TCP binding.
>FTF       2002-09-19: Joyce, Sandeep, Igor, Steve T, Sanjiva, Adi,
>                       Roberto, Amy to form task force to prepare
>                       presentation on adding pub/sub as first class to
>                       WSDL 1.2.
>?         2002-09-19: Sanjiva to write a Java binding.
>FTF       2002-10-10: Gudge to prepare proposal for promoting operations
>                       to the top level.
>?         2002-10-17: Gudge and A. Lewis to make a proposal for
>                       describing xs:import and (apparently) xs:schema
>                       as "required" extensibility elements.
>?         2002-10-24: Jacek to provide commentary/response to Arthur's
>                       identification by URI proposal.
>?         2002-10-31: Arthur will redo proposal to get rid of urn:, also
>
>                       look at XPointer framework.
>DONE [.1] 2002-10-31: Jonathan will look at normalized unique
>namespaces.
>DONE [.2] 2002-10-31: Phillipe will follow up on what we must do about a
>                       media type.
>
>[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0023.html
>[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0020.html
>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>4.  Administrivia
>   a. Any last minute FTF logistical questions?
>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>5.  FTF agenda [.1].
>     Besides the current discussion topics, we should have time to go
>over some open issues.  Here are a set of candidates I came up with from
>the issues list at [.2].  Champions appreciated!
>
>Type system issues:
>   issue-allow-nonxml-typesystems
>     Allow non-XML type systems?
>   issue-clarify-type-and-element
>     Clarify use of type= and element= in part with XML Schema experts.
>
>
>Naming issues:
>   issue-operation-name-uniqueness
>     Need to be able to distinguish between operations with the same
>     NCName in different portTypes
>   issue-fault-name-uniqueness
>     Should faults be named with QNames?
>   issue-toplevel-element-name-uniqueness
>     Should all top-level elements' names be unique across the
>     target namespace?
>
>Part 2 issues:
>   Are there any issues we can tackle prior to the property/feature
>discussion?
>
>[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2002Nov/0005.html
>[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html
>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>6.  New Issues.  Merged issues list [.1].
>       None found.
>
>[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>7.  Managing extensions [.1].  Is a registry called for?  Philippe's
>summary of a related issue in WS Arch [.2], about WS-Security defining
>WSDL extensions [.3].
>
>[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0011.html
>[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0027.html
>[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-arch/2002Nov/0006.html
>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>8.  WSDL media type registration.  Mark Baker's conclusion [.1]. Tag
>finding [.2], WG process guideline [.3].
>
>[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0009.html
>[.2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2002/0129-mime
>[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/06/registering-mediatype
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>9.  Equivalence of Services [.1].
>
>[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Oct/0151.html
>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>10.  Importing Schema into WSDL
>     Two alternative proposals.  Two elements [.1] or one [.2].
>
>[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Oct/0067.html
>[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Oct/0114.html
>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>11.  Identification of a Service [.1] / Arthur's [.2] identification
>proposal [.3].  Comparison with NUNs [.4].
>
>[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2002Oct/0017.html
>(members only)
>[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Oct/0084.html
>[.3]
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Oct/att-0084/01-URI-
>References.html
>[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0023.html
>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>12. A slice at a proposal for SOAP features/properties in WSDL [.1].
>Canon's change requests [.2].  Amy's comments [.3].  Tibco proposal
>(revised) [.4].  Tibco SOAP email binding [.5].
>
>[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0004.html
>[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0080.html
>[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Oct/0104.html
>[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Oct/0149.html
>[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Oct/0126.html
>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>13. Rationale for dropping the <soap:body use=...> attribute [.1]
>      Proposal from Jacek on better describing the extensibility
>mechanism to support other languages. [.2]
>
>[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0054.html
>[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Oct/0040.html
>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>14. BindingType proposal from Kevin [.1].
>       Awaiting further work on Part 2 AM.
>
>[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Aug/0009.html
>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>15. Issue 2: SOAPAction has been deprecated, as of SOAP 1.2 [.1].
>     Jean-Jacques proposal at [.2].
>     Jacek's addendum at [.3].
>     Dependent upon Glen's feature/property proposal.
>
>[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x2
>[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0050.html
>[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0056.html
>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>16. Issue 28: transport='uri' [.1]
>     Dependent upon Glen's feature/property proposal.
>
>[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x28
>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>17. HTTP Binding Issues (6a, 41)
>     Jeffrey recommends no change [.1].
>     Sanjiva is mulling this over [.2].
>     Dependent upon Glen's feature/property proposal.
>
>[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jun/0102.html
>[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jul/0067.html
>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>18. Issue 25: Interaction between W3C XML Schema and SOAP Data Model
>     Gudge's explains at [.1], Roberto's options at [.2].
>     Waiting for more detail in ACM?
>
>[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jun/0186.html
>[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Jul/0071.html
>
>- Jonathan
Received on Wednesday, 6 November 2002 18:33:13 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:22 GMT