Re: A WSDL media type and the TAG

From: Jean-Jacques Moreau <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 12:54:06 +0100
To: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
CC: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>, www-ws-desc@w3.org

XMLP's reasons for defining "application/soap+xml" were, AFAIR:

* SOAP messages typically targetted at applications, not humans
(hence "application").

* Carried XML content, so should be processeable by any typical
XML application (hence the "+xml").

* Mostly targetted at SOAP processor (hence "soap").

Don't we have similar reasons for adopting either "text/wsdl+xml"
or "application/wsdl+xml"?

Jean-Jacques.