Re: [Pub-Sub-Task] Web-friendly pub/sub

From: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 16:13:52 +0600
To: "Mark Baker" <distobj@acm.org>, <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Hi Mark,

I like the RESTified version - simple.

From a WSDL point of view, that's just a binding. So whatever
the abstract syntax we agree on, we could define a RESTified
HTTP binding using the MONITOR method as you did quite easily.
The discussion we're having now is above binding details - its
more about how to tell someone that a service has something
it can notify others about (i.e., an event it can generate).
Everything in your example fits nicely under the approach I
proposed - you have a notification service reference (the
reply to header) plus subscription data which seems to indicate
what info the subscriber is interested in.

Sanjiva.