RE: Regarding your upcoming proposal for requiredness in extensio ns

I guess second one is easy, really, so I'm more concerned with 1.

-- Igor Sedukhin .. (Igor.Sedukhin@ca.com)

From: Sedukhin, Igor
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 12:35 PM
To: 'Glen Daniels'
Cc: 'www-ws-desc@w3.org'
Subject: Regarding your upcoming proposal for requiredness in extensions

Glen,

I'd like to make sure it would be possible to take care of the following cases:

1. There is a namespace that defines an extension. There are 100 "top" elements which extend the WSDL language. The namespace has been accepted as a standard already (suppose that) and there are a few implementations using it. So it cannot be changed, elements cannot be regrouped or otherwise. I'd like to use all 100 elements in a WSDL and require the processor to understand them (if any of them appear in the WSDL doc).

2. There is a namespace that declares an attribute extension. I'd like to make sure WSDL processor has to understand that attribute when it is used. <wsdl:port myext:myattr="myvalue" ...

-- Igor Sedukhin .. (Igor.Sedukhin@ca.com)