Re: Draft wording for <import>

 Jean-Jacques,

 I believe this is a good start, but I have a few comments.

 As Sanjiva indicated, the wording may be confusing if not
contradictory on importing other documents than WSDL definitions.
Do those need targetNamespace as well? How can we mandate that?
If we don't mandate that, what do we do in case of a mismatch of
the import namespace and the targetNamespace of the imported
document?

 Why a WSDL document without a targetNamespace (In 1.1
targetNamespace is indeed optional) cannot import other WSDL
documents?

 How do we handle extension symbols defined in a WSDL documents?
(e.g. a schema for targetNamespace "a" in types section of WSDL
definition for targetNamespace "b") The current practice is to do
<import location="foo.wsdl" namespace="b"/>
<import location="foo.wsdl" namespace="a"/>
which is broken according to your wording (and I support the view
that it's broken, but we should be able to handle the situation.)

 And lastly a point which confuses me in lots of specs: is MAY
NOT the same as MUST NOT?

 Best regards,

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   Senior Architect, Systinet Corporation