Re: Issue: Can One-Way operations return faults?

From: Jean-Jacques Moreau <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 10:49:09 +0200
To: Sandeep Kumar <sandkuma@cisco.com>
CC: Prasad Yendluri <pyendluri@webMethods.com>, Jacek Kopecky <jacek@systinet.com>, www-ws-desc@w3.org
I still think we need a better name that "one-way" for operations
that can return faults. One-way means no response. A fault is a
response message (albeit a special type of response). Hence
one-way with a response is not one-way, it's two-way. BTW, I'd
like to point out that Prasad is now using the term
"one-way-with-faults" [1], which is ok, I think.

Jean-Jacques.

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002May/0194.html