Re: Issue: Can One-Way operations return faults?

I think you are asking for a reasonnable feature, but one that is neither
one-way (strictly speaking) nor request-response. A SOAP fault can only be
received if this is supported by the MEP's state machine, i.e. if the client
can enter the Receiving state [1]. A one-way MEP would probably not have a
Receiving state (client side). The current SOAP request-response MEP could
probably be used as a work-around for one-way+faults.

Jean-Jacques.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/1/10/11/soap12-part2.html#bindfaulthdn