Re: Revised extensibility proposal

"Sedukhin, Igor" <Igor.Sedukhin@ca.com> writes:
> >>"<wsdl:extension prefix="p" required="boolean"?/>*"
>
> This does not look standard way of treating namespaces. That is when
> taken into an XML DOM it does not have to preserve those prefixes,
> really. It is not required by the DOM spec. The relationship may be
> lost. Just try to subscribe to a WS using .NET. All prefixes will be
> renamed to their own model, while, of course, namespace to element
> reationships are kept.

This is exactly how its done in XSLT .. but its not a big deal I agree.
I just feel that having to declare the same string twice is annoying-
if there's a way to avoid it I'll be happier.

> Now, you mean required on wsdl:extension, right? That would be okay.
> Although, we cannot make wsdl:required attribute default to true for
> *all* elements regardless!

Yes, I meant that if one is bothering to declare an extension namespace,
then one probably intends for that to be understood. If not they can
say so, but if yes, they shouldn't have to assert it.

Sanjiva.