Re: issue: optional parts in <message>?

"Jeffrey Schlimmer" <jeffsch@windows.microsoft.com> writes:

> Just to be clear, are we thinking we aren't going to make _any_ changes
> that would break existing WSDL 1.1 documents? That's a pretty stiff
> constraint and can be used to "resolve" many of our open issues.
>
> --Jeff

Of course we are! We will make breaking changes, but I'm just very
concerned that *removing* message is not a 1.1 to 1.2 kind of change.

The approach Mike Deem suggested of augmenting message with the
direction we intend to go in was much more reasonable IMO. I believe
he's going to post a more complete proposal after looking at impact
on the bindings too. (Or that's what I asked that he do and he didn't
reply otherwise.)

Bye,

Sanjiva.