Agenda for 9 May 2002 WS Description WG

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 15:24:12 -0700
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
Dial in information (members only):

See the public WG page [1] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [2] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is:
      Sandeep Kumar (fallback Mike McHugh, Jean-Jacques Moreau)

2.  Approval of minutes [6], corrections at [6a].

3.  Review of Action items.

?    2002.04.04 Editors to get CVS requests to Philippe.
?    2002.04.18 Waqar Add new use case raised on the mailing list.
?    2002.04.18 Waqar will post by next Tuesday a draft.
?    2002.05.02 DavidB to get June F2F registration link working.
DONE 2002.05.02 JM to send a message to Chris to have members of the
                WG to join the Arch WG Usage Scenario task force.

4.  Reminder to make arrangements for June FTF. Logistics page at [7].

5.  Usage Scenarios.  Any progress to report?  Arthur's comments at

6.  New issues:
- Issue: should WSDL allow overloaded methods? [24]
- Issue: WSDL must import schemas if types from them are used [25]
- Issue: soap:body binding description confusing when use is "literal"
- Conflicts of WSDL schemas [27]

7.  Issues.  Issue list at [8a]. New draft of the spec at [8].

7a. Issue: import/include
Sanjiva started the tread at [11].  Some support voiced for not doing
include.  No proposals for cleaning up import yet.  Sanjiva wonders
whether we need a proposal before closing the issue [20].

7b. Issue: Should Operations permit alternate and multiple responses?
Thread starts at [18].  Is the discussion focused on addressing the
issue, clarifying the issue, or about a different issue?  I can't quite
whether this issue is being actively discussed or not :-).

7c. Issue: Optional parts in <message/>
Thread starts at [17].  The thread seems to split into several parts:
- Should message parts be optional?
- Should we get rid of message altogether?  If so, when?
  - in WSDL 1.2?
  - in WSDL 2.0?
- Should we provide a simplified syntax for single-part messages?  See

7d. Issue: Open Content Model
Igor proposes a few specific extensibility points in [22].  Roberto
suggests a more comprehensive solution in [23].

7e. Issue: remove solicit-response and output-only operations? Response
from WSFL, XLANG authors reported at [9].  Igor questions the assertion
that we aren't going to tackle a full-blown event mechanism at [10].
Any other progress on this issue?

7f. Issue(s): Non-SOAP HTTP Binding
Jeffrey refactored up the non-SOAP HTTP binding issues [12] and proposed
a solution for some of them in [13], [14], and [15].

7g. Issue: portType extensibility [28].

7h. Issue: service type [29].

- Jonathan

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/