issue: portType extensibility

From: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 06:28:19 +0600
To: "WS-Desc WG \(Public\)" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
I would like to start discussions on the following issue:

<issue id="issue-portType-extensibility">
  <head>Should portTypes be extensible?</head>
  Some users have asked that portTypes be extensibile. We need to
  carefully consider whether that is a good thing or not.
  <source>Sanjiva Weerawarana</source>
</issue>

Note that while the above was written with the intent of
extensibility meaning being able to add extension elements, we
should also consider whether subtyping of portTypes should be
allowed. (Jeffrey I believe provided a use-case where portType
subtyping would provide a natural solution.)

Sanjiva.