Re: W3C WSDL WG: 6b. Define encoding for non-ASCII characters in request URL

From: Jean-Jacques Moreau <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 11:59:48 +0200
To: Jeffrey Schlimmer <jeffsch@windows.microsoft.com>
CC: www-ws-desc@w3.org
Jeff,

I agree this ought be an easy issue. However [6] is in Last Call, and
contains a pretty strong requirement that "W3C specifications [...] SHOULD
use Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRI) [2] (or an appropriate
subset thereof)." We seem to be (at least) some months away from Last Call
ourselves, and I am wondering whether it is not more desirable to see how
the landscape evolves and then make a more informed judgement. What do you
think?

Jean-Jacques.

[6] http://www.w3.org/International/Group/charmod-edit/#sec-URIs