Re: W3C WSDL WG Issues: Non-SOAP HTTP Binding

From: Jean-Jacques Moreau <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 10:44:13 +0200
To: Jeffrey Schlimmer <jeffsch@windows.microsoft.com>
CC: www-ws-desc@w3.org

Regarding issue 6a, I am wondering whether the situation has not changed
with the introduction of SOAP's support for HTTP GET.

SOAP safe and idempotent requests are now supposed to be transported over
HTTP GET. In such case, no SOAP envelope/infoset will be contained in
HTTP's body. The necessary parameters are supposed to be included in the
URI for the request, but the format for the URI is unspecified (by SOAP).

Is this another argument for the feature you proposed earlier, http:urlXML,
but this time also applicable to the SOAP binding?

Jean-Jacques.